Monday 10 October 2011

Personal Involvement/ contribution to Music video coursework Jamie Hutton

For our Music video coursework my main involvement so far is around the practical of the video itself. from our starting day looking at different types of music and how music videos are made with the shots in time with the beat i took this into count as we had a prelim task to do which involved me in a group of 4. When it came to filming our prelim music video i was directing and filming as i was the only one in the group at the time who has had experience with the camera. When we was filming i decided to do lip synching in our prelim as the video look better when it was just different shoots and shooting.  From there our group got split down which left us in a two me and Yharnna. This made it more challenging for us as we we was in the smallest group. I revolved myself around the history of Music videos looking at different decades, 60s, 70s, and 80s. I looked at the launch of MTV and how big it was used as a promotional tool for music videos. I analyzed Un-typical conventions of music videos. When we was looking at ideas of Music videos the one we got now was my idea as i thought it would be good to do as i thought of story lines for it before and what type of mood it would be filmed it to give a effect which is sepia. When we done out pitch it was a group thing but both of us shared work on that so i had part involvement. I wrote up the shot list, and drawn most of the storyboard and now i have done some scene breakdown sheets. Now we are discussing costumes props as we already have our location.

No comments:

Post a Comment